Our Drive Less, Pay Less option offers all the benefits of Comprehensive insurance at a lower price because it's based on how much you drive. If you spend less time behind the wheel, you'll spend less money on insurance.
When you choose the Drive Less, Pay Less option, we will confirm your agreed kilometre cover — this is the maximum distance you expect to drive during the period of insurance.
Your agreed maximum kilometres:
- will be shown on your Certificate of Insurance;
- is valid for the whole period of insurance;
- must cover a minimum range of 1,000 kilometres.
Here's how to choose this option
- Start your quote in the usual way
- When you reach the prices screen, you will have the option to choose "Pay Less, Drive Less"
- Enter the amount of kilometres you expect to drive in the course of the year
Agreed Maximum Kilometres Example
Increasing your agreed kilometres
You can call us on 1300 777 200 to apply to increase your agreed kilometre cover range during your period of insurance. If we agree to change your policy, you might need to pay an extra premium. In some cases, we may not be able to vary your policy, so it’s important to think carefully about how many kilometres you will need when you apply.
Decreasing your agreed kilometres
Once cover has started, you cannot reduce your agreed kilometre cover range in that period of insurance. On renewal of your policy, you can apply to change it, otherwise your current agreed kilometre cover range will automatically continue to apply.